Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day


Card - Gears from an old clock, Tim Holtz Elements

I've been wanting to experiment with Steampunk, but since it's so much different than my "usual" aesthetic, I have been hesitant to try. Ok, I've been SCARED. I have high expectations of myself. 

My Husband likes the style, especially since Rush came out with their new CD last week, and the graphic art featured on the cover is in a steampunk style. 

So, for his Father's Day card I pulled out Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante, some old clock works, and a few of Tim Holtz' elements and gave him this card. 

I mod podged the backside of the man and put toothpicks along edges and his arms and legs  to reduce danger of bends. 

I really like it, but the only thing enabling the hand to manipulate the man is a brad. I'd like to figure out a mechanical operation and use heavier chip board or Tim Holtz' Grunge Board.   
Tim Holtz "Journey" Key
Paper - Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante

Inside. Graphic 45 Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, Steampunk Debutante

No comments:

Post a Comment