Monday, June 11, 2012

Tim Holtz - 12 Tags of 2012 - June


I've been busy with Birthday and Thank You presents, but I took a break. I really wanted to get started on the sweet tag Tim Holtz made for June.

I don't own the stamps he used on his tag, so I improvised. 
I used his film strip, and metal leaves, but I dug the other elements up in my craft room. 

A clock gear for a hole protector, an old fountain pen tip, a world charm from a bag of bits I bought at a thrift store, and the #3 is from a metal charm set purchased years ago. 

The "Du Visiteur" is ripped from an old map I bought in the same thrift shop. 

My Mother in Law gave me a pile of elements and clippings she bought years ago when she went through her cigar box purse stage. That's where the boy came from. I've been wanting a project for him, and I thought this would be perfect. 

Because I don't own any of his inks, I used coffee, stain I had leftover from a dollhouse project, and black stamping ink to distress the tag. I rubbed everything on with my fingers. I like using my digits as tools!  


Sweet Little Boy

Tim's Tag



2 comments:

  1. Such a cool tag. Adorable image and all the cool details you added. Great you get to be the reeiver of all your MIL's clipping and goodies...So fun!

    ReplyDelete