Monday, March 18, 2013

Where Women Create and Upcoming Projects

I've mentioned Stampington and their publications before, but every month I marvel at how wonderful their publications are. I appreciate that they feature every day Artists. I have yet to see anything that company does wrong.

I ran across a Where Women Create post on Facebook today about Jenni Bowlin. It caught my eye because her studio is beautiful. http://wherewomencreate.com/jenni-bowlin-studio/  Her artist's eye and love of vintage really comes together in her work space. I have a small space without much room for featuring my elements out in the open, but her work space is beautiful.
jenni bowlin studio in where women create magazine

I am sewing Aprons for a friend right now. She opened a vintage shop and she wanted some that looked vintage. I'm making them out of Denim and I'm going to work in some metal details if I can. I'm trying to make them look a little like Levis. Once I'm done I will post pics.

My room is a mess and probably will be for another four weeks. We're having a huge Garage Sale on April 13th, and until then some things are stored there. When that's over I will show you new pictures of my place.

Next projects:
Tim Holtz' Tattered Challenge, Mixed media box for a friend featuring Graphic 45's "Little Darlin's", a Magazine Mirror (see below). We're having a Pinterest Party at the aforementioned friends shop, and I have to test out the method before I do it, next, a collage for my Mother featuring Graphic 45's "French Country", after that what I'm calling "mini shadow boxes". I have a bunch of vintage Christmas items that I want to turn in to ornaments. Two Maxi dresses for our Anniversary trip to Seattle.. By the time all that is done I will be starting to build stock for they Holiday Bazaar.


Tutorial is here:  http://www.fleetingthing.com/index.php?section=2&sub_section=13&page=15

Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment