Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gesso, My new Favorite Thing

Here's how I made my new favorite thing!!  

I had SO MUCH FUN doing this project. It's the most fun I've had in a very long time. I did it by following  Arlene, a Graphic45 design team member. The tutorial is featured on here on You Tube.. You can do it too!

I gathered up some metal doo dads and flowers.  

  

I used printed key tissue paper as my base. 
 

I added some glass circles I found at Scrap,
 

and I fussy cut a kitty from a piece of wrapping paper.

  


Here are some close ups of the finished product:
 


  

I love how all of the metal elements show up. I lightly spayed every thing with Ranger Ink - Perfect Pearls Mist - 2 Ounce Bottle - Heirloom Gold. This is not what she recommended, but I like the way it looks. 

I also rubbed Metallic Rub-Ons on the tops of the elements to give a tiny bit of a color pop. 


I gave him to my daughter for her birthday, and I'm very glad she loves him too!
Have fun, and Craft On!!

Products I used: 

Prima - Wood Icons in a Box - Birds and OwlsPrima - Wood Icons in a Box - Leaves and FlowersPrima - Shabby Chic Collection - Metal Treasure Embellishments - Bird CagesLisa Pavelka 1/2-Ounce Watch Parts for Crafting, Silver, Brass, Copper, Black and Steam Punk
Prima - Vintage Trinkets Collection - Metal Embellishments - Silver Mix 2
Metallic Rub Ons

Tim Holtz has similar metal items, which you can find at collage, and other craft stores, but it's also fun to use items from broken clocks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment