Monday, August 12, 2013

Creative Challenge

One of my favorite stores, collage started a creative challenge in July. They will feature a new one each month. Their July challenge was for an artist to use the Tim Holtz Assemblage Clock to alter and make their own. 

When I saw the challenge on their site, I immediately started brainstorming. Steampunk was the first thing that came to mind, but I figured more than one person would have that idea. So I started thinking about Time, but I didn't want my theme to be too obvious. The phrase "Quiet Time" came in to my head, and I considered decorating it with Graphic 45's Little Darlings, but then the forest and wee little deer (that collage happens to sell) came in to my head, and viola! I had it!



assemblage clock
Gesso Primed
Spray Glitter over the Gesso

I had a face from a Big Ben clock that we bought when I went through my short lived Steampunk Stage.(Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Steampunk style... I'm just not good at it), so I used that for the background. I used a hot glue gun to affix the trees and shrubs.  Be careful of the overspray! 
Steel wool rolled in model grass=bushes.

Trees and Bushes

Finished!


Watch for my post on the August Challenge - using Martha Stewart's Glass Paint in a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment