Friday, January 2, 2015

Rememberlutions instead of Resolutions

I came across an article about how to make a "rememberlutions jar" for 2015.

I do not like resolutions. I feel they set people up for failure. I am much more in favor of the idea of "rememberlutions" because it's all about speaking kindly to yourself and encouraging your self just as you would a friend. 

Decorate a jar now, and over 2015 fill it with positive affirmations or celebrations of the positive. No matter how small!   See  http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/im-so-im-so-proud-of-you#.gp9p6lNZp for more detail. 
  
Here's mine:



I have some hardware cloth left over from my basket craft day. I used the mesh material to make a little "basket" for the jar. 
Snip to the size of the circumference.
Since I wasn't building the basket for functionality,
 I didn't take great care with the construction. 
I cut some of the grid, 
then overlapped the ends 
in to the other side.


Cut out a pattern of the
bottom of the jar and cut it out.




I did the same here as I did
with the sides.
Cut the grids then tucked them
in to the grid on the bottom. 


I happened to have a round cork piece
 left from a previous project.
Protection for surfaces.






No comments:

Post a Comment