Monday, January 19, 2015

Valentine's Day!!!

I love Valentine's Day.  I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I love the color red. Maybe it's the memory of the thrill I felt decorating a bag and attaching it to my desk ready to receive cards from friends and admirers in grade school. Maybe it's a love of candy equal to an addicts love of heroin. Or maybe it's because it's a day when it's perfectly acceptable to tell anyone around you that you care about them. That you think they're swell. Keen. Out of this world. 

Whatever the reason, every year I punch, cut, draw, and glue my way through Valentine's Cards and decor. It's therapeutic to me. Especially in the last week, when it's raining so hard the neighborhood intersections are being called lakes (just a little jokingly), we all feel like we're washing away, willing it to end.  It's been giving me the blues. Then a light went on in my head "It's almost Valentine's Day!". 

So in the midst of a major over haul of my craft room, which should receive all of my attention every night, I started crafting. 

Then I got the great idea to decorate my metal house candle holders that I bought at Illuminations years ago. Tom even helped me pick out some awesome pink glitter for my bottle brush trees at Craft Warehouse yesterday.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I sure had fun with all of it. 



 


 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment